Friday, April 29, 2011

Kale Chips

So, this blog has obviously been taken over by Jaxson cuz one, he's just stinkin cute and everyone should want to see him. And two, he is my life. All I do is stay home and take care of him all day, so he's really all I have to talk about. So this post is just a teensy bit different today.

After two months I have finally decided to start working for real on losing this baby weight. (And I've lost 7 pounds in a week :)) I decided to share this super quick and easy recipe which I think is a gem. I actually heard about these from Gwyneth Paltrow on Ellen last week. She said her kids love them and they taste just like potato chips. I didn't quite believe that but decided to do some googling and research on them and found a lot of the same reactions. So, I tried them. I certainly wouldn't compare them to potato chips, but they are definitely a good substitute. James looked at me like I was crazy when I started making them and he was very hesitant to try them. But, like me, after you eat one you just keep eating them. They are like potato chips in the way that they are crunchy and just a really good thing to munch on. I only bought one little bushel of it and made it all at once, and it was gone right after it was made. So, if you are like me and always feel like you need to be munching on something, try these little babies :)

They are super cheap, super easy, and super healthy. The perfect snack.



Ingredients

1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt

(I didn't measure the olive oil or the salt, you just kind of do what you feel)

Directions

1.Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2.With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
3.Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.

No comments: