Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen

He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory!


Today in our temple prep class our teacher asked us why we think that our church doesn't really make a huge spectacle or deal about Easter. There were a lot of comments but the main concensus seemed to be that we focus on Christ and the Atonement every week in church, because that is what our church is about, so that this one day when the rest of the world acknowledges it it isn't any different for us. I guess I can agree with that. But at the same time time it always good to have reminders and today I am grateful for that reminder and to be specifically thinking about Christ's sacrifices for me all day today.

I am so grateful for all my blessings and to know that my Redeemer lives and that I'll be able to live with him again is the greatest blessing of all. Happy Easter!



No comments: