Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm in love.

I am so in love with this little boy.





I can't imagine it being any different if he were mine to raise. I think the love a birthmom and a mom have is the same. Just because I couldn't imagine my love for Riley being any stronger. But I guess before I had him, I never could've understood how strong this love would be either. I guess I'll find out when I have my own kids one day.

When I see him and he runs to me and gives me the best hugs, cuddles, and kisses I could ask for, I feel like my heart is complete. When I walk out the door to leave, I feel like I'm leaving a piece of my heart behind. Despite that hole gradually getting smaller, it is constantly there when I'm not with him. I can't describe the joy I feel during that time that I am with him. Getting to see him, touch him, play with him... are all things I cherish and count my blessings for. Seeing his smile, hearing him talk, and just watching him brings me happiness I never knew existed. I could stare at that kid all day long and never get bored. The amazing blessing of having a baby is truly a miracle. Adoption is truly a miracle. I'm so grateful for the impact it's made on my life and others' lives.


No comments: