Friday, August 7, 2009

Pioneer day weekend

Andrew's mom decided to come down for a visit over the weekend of the 24th. Friday I had the day off work cuz my company is awesome like that. We went and picked her up from the airport and then went to lunch at Applebees. Then we took her to her hotel and Andrew had to go to work. Friday night, mom & dad (being the awesome parents they are) and I took her out to dinner. It went really well. So then Saturday we started the morning by touring the conference center. Neither Andrew or his mom had ever been there before, so that was a really cool thing for them to see. We took the tour with the guide so we got to go up on the roof and everything, which I had actually never done. The gardens on the roof were really pretty, and the view of the temple and the rest of SL was amazing.

After that we grabbed some lunch and headed to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. Andrew is a convert to the church and his parents don't really know anything about it so it was really cool to be able to share that with her. Of course she had lots of questions, and I was actually proud of my ability to answer most of them. I guess I did learn some stuff back when I didn't pay attention in Sunday school :) Anywho, it went really well overall. The only slightly awkward moment for me was when she asked where they (her & her family) would be when Andrew got married. Explaining to her that they would just be waiting in the annex was not the most fun thing. Hopefully, by seeing how important the temple is to Andrew and understanding that he won't settle for anything less, will spark her interest more when the time comes.

So, after the temple we came back to my house and had a BBQ with the whole fam. She has 5 sisters, so my worries about the family overwhelming her weren't really necessary. Anywho, I'm glad she came down and I had the opportunity to meet her. Next weekend Andrew and I are going up to Washington for his family reunion, so I'll be meeting all the rest of his family then.

Andrew & I in the conference center


this place is amazing


Andrew & his mommy on the roof of the conference center


the SL temple from the roof of the conference center


Oquirrh Mountain temple


in front of the temple


Love him :)


:) i love my dog-like kitty


just hangin out

No comments: