Friday, May 25, 2012

James' birthday celebrations

James' actual birthday wasn't too exciting. It was on a Thursday so he had work and school all day and got home at about 10:30 that night. He got himself some Cafe Rio on the way home and he had a cold stone ice cream cake for his cake. We are big fans of these cakes and get them with any excuse we can. He also got the usual money from my parents (thank you!) a Cafe Rio gift card, a few new shirts and pants, some black church socks, and tickets to the Avengers.

he loves Cafe Rio

yummy ice cream cake

he got this shirt and pants as presents



So since he had kind of a lame birthday, I planned a little surprise getaway for the next weekend. I couldn't keep it secret for too long because A, I'm really bad at keeping secrets and B, with his work schedule lately I had to make sure he'd be able to get the time off. So Friday he got off work early and we went to Tucanos for a linner. This is the only picture I took the whole time (oops). James splurged and got a filet mingon skewer and we just enjoyed an almost empty restaurant and a whole lot of meat. It was soooo yummy.

Then we walked next door to go see the Avengers. It definitely did not disappoint. I'm not big into any super hero movies and I don't know much about most of the characters but that didn't matter. I was able to follow it and it was so so good. I really want to go see it again. Dang movie prices.
Then, thanks to Hotwire I got us a steal for a room at the Radisson downtown. It was nice to just spend the evening together and sleep in (for James :)).


Once I woke James up we went and got this little stud and went to lunch at Texas Roadhouse together. A huge thank you to my sister and mom for watching him. It's so nice that James and I can take that time to be together without Jax. It was a great weekend, I'm so glad my sweet hubs was born and I know he enjoyed his birthday :)

No comments: