Thursday, October 23, 2008

Poor Kitty

So, yesterday morning I noticed that Shadow had this area of fur that was all crusty and stuff. As I looked closer I noticed that she had a sore of some kind. I didn't really pay much attention to it, I mentioned it to mom and neither of us thought it was anything serious, we figured it would just heal and that would be that. So, last night when I got home, mom called me into her room and had Shadow on her lap. We looked closer at it again and it looked bigger and it was bleeding. So I planned on getting up this morning and making an appointment to get her in today. So... we get to the vet and he shaves the area around it. He then shows me that it was a cat bite and one of the puncture areas had gotten infected and was causing this abscess. He tells me what they'll have to do and blah blah blah, I figured a couple stitches and that would be it. Man was I wrong. So, 4 hours and 400 dollars later...

Her eyes are all crusty, that's why the one isn't open


So, they had to take out all the infected stuff and then cleaned and stitched up the other little puncture areas too, and the thing sticking out of her is a drain


It's so sad to look at her, poor kitty

No comments: