Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas time

I'm sitting here typing this as today is the first day that James has gone back to his regular work schedule and class every night until 10:30, and it just makes me realize how amazing this last month has been. He's been around so much and we have spent so much time with family and it has just been wonderful. I have been horrible at taking pictures with my camera since I have my Iphone, and I really need to figure out how to make those pictures look good on blogger. So, I wish I had more pictures to share, but it's just not gonna happen right now :)

We kicked off the season with the most amazing gift of having Troy and Missy come out and having Missy take her endowments out. What an amazing experience it was to have our (almost) entire family stand together in the Celestial room. Absolutely incredible. Congratulations again, Mick! So happy for you.

I was so happy that Troy was able to bring Blakey with him. Love that boy! And we were
able to get an updated picture of the 3 boys which was not easy with 3 almost 2 year olds :)


While they were here, we went down to Riverwoods to eat at Malawi's Pizza and see Santa which I guess is now a tradition since we have done it 2 years in a row. 
 




 haha, Blake was a little bit tired and he fell like this and didn't want to touch the grass to pick himself 
up so he just layed there whining and planking for a minute

all better :)



they kept wanting to play in the fountain

so excited to see Santa

 he was fairly ornery and was really sick of pictures


he wasn't interested in Santa

until Santa gave him a candy cane :P
 

we walked around Riverwoods for a bit and got to pet some llamas



 We had plenty of other festivities throughout the month, but I don't have those pictures right now. So, on to Christmas...
My Christmas Eve flowers :)
 

 we didn't get home from James' family party til almost 10 on Christmas Eve, so we tore open Jax's jammies and threw him in bed. But I did get a picture of my handsome man

Santa came! Since we share a house, this was our side of the tree :) and Santa may have spoiled
Jaxson just a little bit
 

Christmas morning, these are the best shots of his jammies and slippers


he absolutely LOVED opening presents. He had a really hard time waiting his turn and he wanted
to help everyone else open theirs



 


 

 
the kids were in heaven with the new tramp from gma and gpa



here he is with all his loot
 

(don't kill me mom) we went over to my parents' for the day on Christmas and ate way too much food, played lots of games, and just hung out.

It was such a wonderful Christmas season this year. I'm so grateful for the real reason for the season and for my amazing family who I love so very much!

No comments: