Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween

I will not say I'm going to go back for the past few months and update things, because that just overwhelms me and makes me not want to blog. So, we'll just start with Halloween and see what happens :)

I have been waiting for my child to be old enough for my turn with the infamous monkey costume in our family. I was so excited to have Jax wear it this year. So a couple weeks before Halloween I decided to try it on and it went a little something like this





So we decided to scratch that and find a costume that was as close to normal clothes as possible, since dressing him up is purely for our pleasure anyway :) Plus, he should still fit into the monkey next year. So we decided on Superman. Unfortunately none of the costumes his size came with spandex pants which I really wanted, so I debated on making a costume, but we all know I'm too lazy for that. So we just bought one and it turned out so cute! Of course I think spandex would've been so adorable on his chubby legs, but he looked like a stud regardless. So, superman he was. 

We went to the annual party that mom puts on in the garage before trick-or-treating and had so much fun. Mom really goes all out, and that's just one reason why she's the best mom/grandma that there is! 



cute little Jake

 grandpa with a dinosaur and a skunk (it was too HOT for Cam's costume at the moment)

Rian's getting a little too cool for dressing up ;P

eating donuts off strings with no hands



Belle and Superman

the older kids had their donuts 4 inches above their heads :)


I want this one

playing bingo

eating dinner


a bunch of people already took off, this was the best "group shot"


Jaxson exceeded all my expectations with trick-or-treating. I didn't really expect for him to be interested and go to very many houses. But, after a couple of houses he got the hang of it and absolutely LOVED it. About a block from my parents' house we were coming down someone's driveway and we saw DADDY! He was the only one who showed up to class so he got his attendance points and the teacher let him go so he came and surprised us! And it was the best surprise. He got to see how cute Jax was and got to take him to some houses. I'm sure Jax would have kept going had we let him, but it was dark and we decided he had plenty of candy. It was a great Halloween. I'm so glad my boy is starting to get into Holidays, it makes it so much more fun for me. Can't wait for him to see all his presents on Christmas! 




Love these studs!


No comments: